The approved list of states from USA whose residents will be allowed to enter Costa Rica is extended to 8 additional states.
The residents from the following states will be allowed to visit Costa Rica as of September 15th, 2020: Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Michigan and Rhode Island.
Also as of October 1st, 2020 residents from California will also be allowed to enter the country.
The approved list of territories from USA whose residents will be able to enter Costa Rica by air are:
As of September 1st, 2020: New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia, and District of Columbia
As of September 15th, 2020: Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Michigan and Rhode Island.
As of October 1st, 2020: California
As of October (date to be confirmed): Miami and Dallas.
Remember that to enter the country as tourist this are the requirements:
– Come from an authorized country or state
– Have a travel insurance that covers at least accommodation and medical expenses generated by the COVID-19 disease, national or international (approved by the National Tourism Institute (“ICT”)) .
– Complete the form called Health Pass (Pase de Salud), generated by the Ministry of Health.
– Have the negative PCR-RT COVID-19 test obtained on the last 72 hours.
– Driver’s license or State ID