Ricardo Cordero Baltodano has been an attorney at Cordero & Cordero Abogados since 1998. However, from 2005 through 2006 Ricardo practiced law in Washington, DC as a Foreign Associate at Thompson Hine LLP. As part of the International Trade Practice Group he assisted senior team members on import and export enforcement actions; performed internal import and export audits; analyzed free trade agreements such as DR-CAFTA and assisted members of the Telecom and Transactional Practice Groups.
Ricardo re-joined Cordero & Cordero Abogados on August 2006 and has focused his practice in Corporate Law, Real Estate and Foreign Investment.
Ricardo Cordero Baltodano
Mr. Cordero experience include:
- Providing legal advice to U.S. companies doing business in Costa Rica;
- Performing highly complex real estate transactions;
- Involvement in issues regarding Condominium Law, Due Diligence processes, Maritime Zone Law developments as well as day-to-day operations in real estate developments;
- Co-organizing several seminars on FTA’s and Doing Business in Costa Rica.
- Mr. Cordero is the Co-Author of “Doing Business in Costa Rica: A Legal Overview” San José, Costa Rica”, 2006, as well as other articles on current legal topics.
Georgetown University Law Center; LL.M .
Universidad de Costa Rica; Juris Doctor; Distinction with Honors
Georgetown University Law Center; Course: Foundations of American Law
Team Captain of the International Debate Competition, Philip C. Jessup
Costa Rican Bar Association
Costa Rican – American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM)
American Bar Association (ABA)
Inter-American Bar Association
Mergers & Acquisitions
Banking Law & Financial Regulations
Real Estate & Property Law
Insurance & Re-Insurance
RANKINGS AND RECOGNITIONS:
Who’s Who Legal
Chambers & Partners, Insurance Notable Practitioner
Co-Author Chapter for The International Comparative Legal Guide To: Real Estate 2017 & 2018 Editions
Cordero & Cordero Abogados
Escazú, San José, COSTA RICA
Please contact us.