- The entire Greater Metropolitan Area (GAM) is raised to orange alert, added to the counties that were already in this condition.
- A vehicle restriction and closure of establishments will be applied for a total of five days, from Monday 13th to Friday 17th of July, to all counties on orange alert.
- On weekends (Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th , Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th July) a vehicle restriction will apply throughout the country from 5:00 am to 5:00 pm for access to establishments authorized by the Ministry of Health according to the yellow or orange alert type.
- These measures are issued in accordance with article 34 of the Emergency Law, which empowers the Executive Branch to establish temporary restrictions on the transit and exchange of goods and services for up to five calendar days.
COMPLETE LIST OF COUNTIES IN ORANGE ALERT
San José • GAM: San José, Escazú, Desamparados, Aserrí, Mora, Goicoechea, Santa Ana, Alajuelita, Vásquez de Coronado, Tibás, Moravia, Montes de Oca and Curridabat.
- Outside GAM: Puriscal
Alajuela • GAM: Alajuela, Poás, Atenas, Grecia, Sarchí, Palmares, Naranjo, San Ramón and Zarcero.
- Outside GAM: Upala, Guatuso, Los Chiles, Southeast Sector of the Fortuna District of San Carlos (Tres Esquinas, Los Ángeles, Sonafluca, La Perla, San Isidro, El Tanque, San Jorge, Santa Cecilia); and La Vega and Bonanza in the Florence district of the San Carlos.
Cartago • GAM: Cartago, Paraíso, La Unión, Alvarado, Oreamuno and El Guarco.
Heredia • GAM: Heredia, Barva, Santo Domingo, Santa Bárbara, San Rafael, San Isidro, Belén, Flores and San Pablo.
Guanacaste: • Bagaces, Liberia, Carrillo and Cañas.
Limón • Pococí, Talamanca and Guácimo.
Puntarenas • Golfito, Garabito, Corredores and Puntarenas (except the districts of Cobano, Lepanto, Monteverde, Isla Chira, Isla Caballo, Isla San Lucas, Isla del Coco and Isla Venado).
DETAIL OF WEEKEND RESTRICTIONS
The following weekends of SATURDAY 11th AND SUNDAY 12th & SATURDAY 18th AND SUNDAY 19th
- Vehicular traffic will be from 5:00 am to 5:00 pm, for access to establishments authorized by the Ministry of Health. Except for the list of exceptions, the following do not circulate:
SATURDAY: 0, 2, 4, 6 and 8
SUNDAY: 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9
- In the case of the Orange Alert counties, the authorized establishments are: supermarkets, pharmacies, medical centers, grocery stores, suppliers, bakeries, butchers, greengrocers, home food service, agricultural, veterinary and hygiene supplies, banks and funeral parlors .
- In the case of the counties on yellow alert, the authorized establishments are: beauty salons, hotels, restaurants, shops, places of worship, among others.
WEEK RESTRICTIONS FROM MONDAY JULY, 13TH TO FRIDAY JULY, 17TH
In the orange alert counties:
- 24-hour total vehicle restriction, for access to supermarkets, pharmacies and health centers. Only the following plates may circulate:
MONDAY: 1 and 2
TUESDAY: 3 and 4
WEDNESDAY: 5 and 6
THURSDAY: 7 and 8
FRIDAY: 9 and 0
- Public transportation may operate up to 20%. Taxi service and special service for workers are enabled.
- The only establishments enabled to operate:
- Essential productive activities (Agriculture, fisheries and food industry, medical devices and their parts, production of chemical substances and pharmaceutical products, information and communication technology services and contact center operations that support essential activities Inside and outside of the country). The foregoing includes the supply chains of materials, services, products and equipment essential for such activities.
- Supermarkets, suppliers, grocery stores and mini-supermarkets, only those corresponding to the section for the sale of food, beverages, groceries, cleaning and hygiene supplies, and basic needs.
- Bakeries, butchers and greengrocers.
- Pharmacies and medical centers.
- Home service (exclusive for food, pharmacy, veterinary, hardware and locksmith).
- Agricultural, veterinary and hygiene supplies.
- Funeral homes.
- Centers of the network of child care and development and Centers of care for people in vulnerable conditions.
- Hotels that provide accommodation services to Public Administration officials or public service providers (banking, transportation of values, communications, electricity) or are people who are working in the distribution service of merchandise or food items and first need, medicines, agricultural or veterinary supplies.
- Farmer’s fairs, with a differentiated strip for older adults from 5:00 am to 8:30 am.
- The list of exceptions to the vehicle restriction is reduced to essential productive activities, establishments authorized by the Ministry of Health and basic services.
- Public institutions must maximize telework and maintain in person exclusively those essential operational services, as well as those required for emergency care. The rest of public servants should apply accumulated vacations or advance of vacations.
In the rest of the country (counties on yellow alert):
- Vehicle circulation will be from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm, with ordinary license plate distribution and a complete list of exceptions (all productive activities and work centers).
- Establishments with sanitary operating permits may open regularly from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm, depending on the current reopening phases. The operation of places of worship of a maximum of 75 people, beaches from 5:00 am to 9:30 am, hotels at 50% and restaurants, shops, museums, cinemas and theaters are kept enabled.
- Public transport is maintained on a regular basis, taxis and special transport for workers and tourism.
DIFFERENTIATED VEHICLE RESTRICTION BORDER AREAS
- The differentiated vehicle restriction is maintained, due to the border area, from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am at:
- County of La Cruz
- County of Upala
- County of Guatuso
- County of Los Chiles
- County of San Carlos: Aguas Zarcas, Cutris, Pital, Pocosol and Venice. In addition, the Southeast Sector of the Fortuna District of San Carlos (Tres Esquinas, Los Ángeles, Sonafluca, La Perla, San Isidro, El Tanque, San Jorge, Santa Cecilia); and La Vega and Bonanza in the Florence district.
- Districts of Plains of Gaspar and Curuña of the county of Sarapiquí
- Pacuarito and Reventazón districts of the county of Siquirres
- The districts of La Rita, Roxana, Cariari and Colorado of the county of Pococí.
- Duacarí district of Guácimo county
- County of Corredores
- Districts of Sabalito and Agua Buena of the county of Coto Brus.
- The Río Cuarto county will no longer be subject to the differentiated vehicle restriction.
COMPLETE LIST EXCEPTIONS VEHICLE RESTRAINT COUNTIES ORANGE ALERT FROM MONDAY 13th TO FRIDAY 17th
a) Vehicles to transport merchandise or cargo for the following essential productive activities:
- Agriculture, fishing and food industry
- Medical devices and their parts
- Production of chemical substances and pharmaceutical products
- Information and communication technology services (including their security and stability)
- Contact center operations that support essential activities within and outside the country.
- The supply chains of materials, services, products and equipment essential for these sectors.
b) Public transport vehicles intended for the paid transport of people in any of its modalities (bus, bus, minibus, taxi, special stable taxi service), the special service for workers, who have a public service plate, as well as cargo taxi authorized by the Public Transport Council that has the respective permit per day. All of the above will be subject to the special provisions established by the Public Transportation Council for the care of the health situation by COVID-19 on the occasion of this Executive Decree.
c) The person from the public or private sector with a working day strictly linked to the cases contemplated in this article or to establishments with operating health permits authorized by the Ministry of Health, whether due to admission, departure or the need to travel during hours work, duly accredited. In the case of entering or leaving the working day, the mobilization may be done in a private vehicle, private motorcycle or in any of the modalities set forth in subsection b) of this article, any of them duly demonstrated.
d) Vehicles that provide the service and fuel supply.
e) Vehicles that provide the garbage collection service.
f) Official vehicles, emergency response vehicles and vehicles of the different police forces, for the exercise of their respective tasks.
g) The personnel of support or maintenance of operations and assistance of public services, including ICE, AyA, INCOFER, Civil Aviation, the National Company of Force and Light, Correos de Costa Rica, RECOPE, among other cases of support or maintenance of operations and assistance of public services, duly demonstrated.
h) Official vehicles of the Ministry of Public Works and Transport, as well as the National Road Council, for the exercise of their respective tasks.
i) The funeral service vehicles for the exclusive provision of said activity, duly demonstrated.
j) Provision of food, locksmith, pharmacy, hardware and veterinary services at home, duly accredited.
l) The private vehicles of the personnel of the emergency services, the Red Cross, the Fire Department of Costa Rica, the 9-1-1 Emergency System of Costa Rica, CNE, CCSS, Ministry of Health, international organizations, and those institutions that they participate in the attention of the national state of emergency around the COVID-19 or for the attention of an emergency proper to their work, who must carry their respective uniforms or their institutional identification card.
m) The hierarchical persons of the Supreme Powers and the collaborators strictly necessary, for the exercise of their respective tasks, duly accredited.
n) Vehicles belonging to international missions, diplomatic corps and consular corps, for the exercise of their respective tasks and duly accredited.
o) The personnel of the Judicial Power, strictly necessary for its operation, duly demonstrated.
p) The personnel of the health services, duly demonstrated.
q) The personnel strictly indispensable for the operation of the operators and providers of the telecommunications service, duly accredited.
r) Personnel strictly indispensable for the operation of the press and media distributors, duly accredited.
s) The private vehicle that, due to an emergency related to the life or health of a person, requires moving to a health or pharmaceutical establishment. As well as on the occasion of a scheduled medical appointment or to assist in donating blood to the National Blood Bank or the respective hospital, in both cases with due proof of the scheduled appointment.
t) The vehicles of people with religious tasks and their collaborators, strictly necessary, for the virtual transmission of religious activities or for the attention of a religious act due to the death of a person, duly accredited.
u) Vehicles driven or transporting people with disabilities, when such vehicles are duly authorized.
v) The vehicles of people who must be moved strictly to provide medical support or care for people in a terminal state, with serious illness or assistance to people with disabilities or older adults