Costa Rica has announced that it will open flights starting on August 1st, 2020. This new opening will be limited for flights to and from Canada, the European Union, and the United Kingdom. The list of other countries authorized for entry into the country will be published in the upcoming days by the local authorities. The following entry and exit requirements must be followed:
Anyone arriving into Costa Rica from another country must:
- Complete the epidemiological form prior to entry into the country.
- Demonstrate a negative test displaying COVID-related symptoms executed in the prior 48 hours.
- A valid travel insurance.
- Follow the following arrival and exit protocols at the airport.
ARRIVAL and EXIT PROTOCOLS
- Keep 1.8 meters (6 feet) between each person.
- Follow the mandatory use of hand sanitizing stations.
- Entry into the terminal will only be authorized for passengers.
- Follow the hygiene instructions and protocols placed in different areas of the airport.
- Mandatory use of masks at all times.
- The use of disinfectant carpets must be followed.
- Temperature measurement for all passengers will be taken.
- Respect the use of protection barriers in the counter.
- The airport will provide a luggage-friendly service.
- Constant cleaning and disinfection services within airport facilities.